Partition Logic是一款免費而且開放原始碼的磁碟管理工具，使用者不僅能夠透過它來創建、刪除磁碟，而且也可以利用它來達成商業軟體才具有的調整分割區大小的功 能。這個功能對於許多使用者來說可是夢寐以求的喔，因為常常會有使用者在分割磁碟之初未事先規劃好容量，等到使用了依段時間後才發現磁碟大小分配不恰當的 情形，這個時候就可以利用 Partition Logic 的調整磁區大小的功能，在不損壞原有資料的情況下來重新分配磁區的大小。
Partition Logic is a free hard disk partitioning and data management tool. It can create, delete, erase, format, defragment, resize, copy, and move partitions and modify their attributes. It can copy entire hard disks from one to another.
Partition Logic is free software, available under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It is based on the Visopsys operating system. It boots from a CD or floppy disk and runs as a standalone system, independent of your regular operating system.
Partition Logic is intended to become a free alternative to such commercial programs as Partition Magic, Drive Image, and Norton Ghost.
Partition Logic supports most basic PC hardware without any additional work or configuration. It has very modest (by today's standards) requirements:
* Pentium-class or better x86 processor. Supports all modern Intel x86 and AMD processors.
* 32 megabytes RAM memory (16 megabytes if operating in text mode).
* IDE (ATA) hard disks for partitioning.
* IDE (ATAPI) CD-ROM drive, if booting from the CD version.
* Standard PC floppy disk, if booting from the floppy disk version.
* For graphics mode, a VESA 2-compatible graphics card with linear framebuffer support.
* USB or PS/2-syle keyboard.
* USB or PS/2-style mouse, if operating in graphics mode.
Partition logic has the following limitations:
* Does not work with some SATA hard disks
* No hardware support for non-USB SCSI hard disks
* Supports only DOS/Windows-style MBR partition tables (used on nearly all IBM PC-compatibles). No support for Sun or BSD disk labels, or EFI/GPT tables used on Itanium and Intel Mac platforms.
* Cannot format partitions as NTFS or EXT3. Can format as FAT (12/16/32), EXT2, and Linux swap.
* Cannot resize FAT or EXT filesystems. Can resize NTFS (Windows XP) and Linux swap.
* No hardware support for serial mice
* No hardware support for PCMCIA
These limitations are intended to be fixed in future releases.